Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Home Stretch






Well Christmas has come and gone, heading into 2010. I have been back in California for nearly two weeks and even in these lean economic times I can say it was pretty Merry. I have seen some of my family and some good friends and I must say I am looking forward to returning to AZ to finish up, come back home and get started. Where? not sure yet. I am trying to put a plan in place, we will see what God has in store for me. The pictures you are seeing for the most part completed guitars, construction-wise, they are done, just final tweaks on the electric and final assembly, neck to body, bridge, frets and nut o the acoustic. The last four weeks are to have been the repair and restoration portion of the school. We lost some time due to instructor's illnesses "The Scourge of RV" and we are now playing catch-up, just trying to get the guitars done. I somehow managed to not miss much time, only about 4 or 5 hours total. I hope the last section is complete and we get all we should out of it. If not, It's the Dan Ehrlewine book.He is one of the most foremost experts on the subject of repair and restoration and is part of the curriculums text.The pixs are of the headstock, back and sides of the acoustic after spending about a week in the lacquer booth, I will have to flat sand it, and buff it to final finish. But if I must say, it is rather spectacular looking wood. The electric is nearly complete, I just need to carve the nut, set up and intonate and make a cavity cover for the electronics.
I have been remiss about staying up to date on the blog, but it has been a mad rush to the end. I hope to have at least two more entries, before I end school and then start fresh with the blog detailing the beginnings of JD Casey Custom Guitars.
I have lots of design ideas and look forward to getting started. More in January! God Bless and and have a safe New Year celebration!
Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment