Saturday, November 14, 2009

New Photos!




alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5404090130260989170" />

Yet again it has been awhile since my last post. The days seem to be getting shorter as we have more and more to accomplish,
and very little time to get it done. The weather is a little better,even a little rain today, Saturday. As you can see by the pics, I think in order they are the finished, (new) Headstock Cap and neck,the body top and body back. I opted not to do any color,sunburst or tinting because the top is so beautifully figured and just shot clear. I have finished all my spraying of lacquer in the spray booth, about 25 coats with scuff sanding in between every seven coats. It is amazing to see the guitar come alive when you do the very first spray coat. It will now cure for 14 days and then final sanding and the long awaited buff-out.
The spraying process seemed to come naturally to me, If it were something I was to choose to do,it is a specialty that could be quite profitable, mind numbing, but profitable. Then the close up of the "birdhouse" the top, back and sides glued up with the label inside, and the finish sanding, or leveling in process. Bubinga, which I don't think I will ever bend again, is very hard, brittle and bumpy, making it very difficult to hand sand. I can only go about an hour of handing before I have to stop and do something else for awhile. I will have to find a mild way to sand with a sander when I get home. the close up is to show how beautiful this wood figuring is. I had been quite ill for about a week or more, but got the doc to send me some pills, feeling mostly better now. I am making some good friends here, and networking contacts. I will be starting to create a brand new resume for my new career, i think I will be specializing in repair and restoration while I build on the side and quite possibly work for some one as well. If you know any one with lotsa guitars or a shop that may need help I am ready in January 2010.
I raised my grade up, so I am now eligible to do a third instrument. I am planning to identical guitars which will be milled and cut and then finished at home. I need to concentrate my free time on creating templates from the school's vast collection.
Well thats about it for know, going to see one of the school's employee's band tonight -The Brown Tones should be fun!
Thanks again for reading and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment